A few days ago Sony made a bold move by announcing a virtual reality headset for the PS4 called Project Morpheus. It’ll work with the console and the PS Move and will supposedly be reasonably priced.
Sony didn’t reveal videos at yesterdays showcase but gaming insiders were able to play God of War, EVE Valkyrie and Thief via Morpheus. I saw a VR set up at the SXSW Gaming Convention so if it’s better than that…dang. Checkmate Sony!
Here are the specs via Gammasquad: Screen:
- 5-inch, 1080p,
- 1000Hz LCD panel,
- Field of view: 90 degrees,
- Full head tracking,
- 3D audio support,
- Experience can be mirrored on the TV for asymmetric gameplay,
- Supports forward prediction,
- On-board headphone jacks,
- No weight paced on nose or cheeks